When nuts and bolts are fastened together under load the action of tightening the nut increases the force applied to the bolt causing elongation. The BG80 Series of bolt tension monitors accurately measure this elongation allowing the bolt gauges to accurately measure time (nanoseconds), elongation, load, stress, and %strain of the bolt.
By using ultrasonics, bolt tension monitors are not affected by temperature, friction or resistance factors affecting the accuracy of standard torque measurement techniques - giving the BG80 Series of bolt gauges accuracy within 0.0001mm (0.00001 inch).
Using the gauge's RS232 interface together with the optional shut off accessory the bolt gauge can be programmed to automatically stop the tightening process when the appropriate load has been applied.
- Range of display & measurement options including: Elongation, Load, Stress, and %Strain, RF, Rectified, Large Digits with Limits Bar.
- BG80TDL features temperature compensation to counteract measurement irregularity caused by temperature change.
- Data output and storage: 8,000 readings and waveforms.
- Auto Set feature automatically optimizes detection and adjusts display.
- Hi/Lo Alarm tolerance limits work in conjunction with the data port.