This is a very simple, graduated x50 microscope with internal illumination.
This allows the user to quickly determine width by counting the number of graduated reticules on the scaled lens and calculating the value.
Taking a Measurement - Referring to Figure 1
- Position microscope over crack.
- Rotate lamp barrel (1) counterclockwise to switch on light.
- View crack through eyepiece (2).
- To focus, hold microscope body (3) and rotate focus ring (4).
- Use scale visible through eyepiece to measure crack width (5).
- After measurement, rotate lamp barrel clockwise to switch off light.