Closed Cup Active Cool Tester
Flash Point is defined as "the lowest temperature of a liquid at which its vapors will form a combustible mixture with air". It is a convenient and reliable classification of the "flammability" of many substances.
The Setaflash Series 3 Active-Cool Tester offers the same features as the Elcometer 6910/1 Setaflash but is fitted with a cup suitable for testing corrosive samples.
It has been designed to carry out Flash/No Flash tests rapidly and efficiently to determine the Flash Point of liquids and semi-solids in the 10°C to 130°C (50°F to 266°F) temperature range.
Flash Point is automatically detected using a thermally activated detector,reducing the risk of operator error and minimizing the potential danger of inhaling fumes during a test. A rechargeable gas tank with On/Off switch and fine adjustment are integral to the unit. Supplied with a 2ml (0.067fl oz) syringe and igniter.
- Flash Point test in less than 2 minutes
- Small sample size - 2ml (0.067 fl oz) or 4ml (0.135 fl oz)
- Electronic Peltier cooling effect
- °C or °F display
Elcometer offers a range of Flash Point testing equipment, including:
- Open Cup tests - simulate an un-contained condition, for example a spillage.
- Closed Cup tests - simulate an enclosed environment, for example storage in a tank or sealed container and are usually specified due to improved precision.
Measuring Flash Point
Most industries need to test the Flash Point of raw materials, products or waste to ensure:
- Product quality - as a measure of consistency and performance comparison
- Compliance testing - to test safety classification for handling, storage, transport and waste
- In-service analysis - tests on in-use oils and other substances for contamination / adulteration
- General safety - to evaluate hazard potential
- Specifications - to check conformance.