Training Courses Details - ISO 17025:2017
ISO 17025:2017 Team Leader (TL) (Exemplar Global Certified Course)
EEI's "ISO 17025:2017 Laboratory Management Systems Lead Auditor" 4-day course teaches the principles and practices of effective laboratory management systems (LMS) and process audits in accordance with the ISO 17025:2-17 standard and ISO 19011:2018, "Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems".
Experienced instructors guide participants through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom presentations, role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following two competency units:
- LM - Laboratory Management Systems
- AU - Management Systems Auditing
- TL - Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
- Understand the quality management system requirements of ISO 9001:2015
- Understand the laboratory management system requirements of ISO 17025:2017
- Identify and assess business, laboratory and associated process risks
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing
- Initiate the audit and conduct opening meetings
- Understand auditor responsibilities, competencies and principles
- Understand audit program requirements per ISO 19011:2018
- Conduct all phases of an audit adopting a risk-based approach, particularly in the section of audit planning
- Conduct on-site activities
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Apply the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Generate audit findings
- Prepare audit conclusions
- Conduct closing meetings
- Reporting audit results
- Conduct an audit follow-up
- Understand the laboratory management system registration process
Participants will receive comprehensive course manual and workshop materials. Participants must provide their own copy of ISO 17025:2017 and ISO 9001:2015. Participants can obtain a copy of the standard at Iso Store online
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals interested in conducting first party, second-party, or third-party audits
- Laboratory Managers
- Quality Managers
- Personnel responsible for auditing laboratory management systems – 1st, 2nd and 3rd party auditors.
- Cross functional team members of an implementation project
A prior review of the ISO 17025:2017 and ISO 9001:2015 standards and internal audit experience is suggested for this course. Knowledge of the Annex SL is suggested.
Certificates of Successful Completion will be provided for participants who are determined "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and participants will be given the opportunity to retake the portions of the course and applicable test(s).