Learn More about the Elcometer 480 Model Specifications
|10 - 70GU
|Low / Matt
The Elcometer 480 range are easy to use glossmeters which combine high accuracy, repeatability and reproducibility with functionality making them the most advanced glossmeters on the market today.
Small, robust and ergonomic, the Elcometer 480 range of glossmeters have been designed to exceed the demands of industry today.
Combining easy to use, multi-lingual menu structures with exceptional repeatability, reproducibility & accuracy, the Elcometer 480 provides users with best in class hand held gloss measurement.
Using state of the art design and manufacturing techniques provides world leading features and functionality - reliably measuring & recording Gloss, % Reflectance & Haze on any material, including paint, plastic, ceramic or metal.
The Elcometer 480's rapid LED technology accurately measures up to 3 angles at the same time at a rate of 10 readings per second.
Measurements can be instantly transferred to PC, iPhone, Android™ or other mobile devices via USB or Bluetooth®.
Using the ElcoMaster™ software, professional reports for gloss and other appearance measurements can be quickly generated. Alternatively gloss readings can be combined with other key measurement parameters such as coating thickness, adhesion and oven temperature profile - within the same software package.
The Model Range
The Elcometer 480 is available as either a simple entry level 60° glossmeter or state of the art Single, Dual or Triple angle variants.
- Single: 60°
- Dual: 20° & 60°
- Triple: 20°, 60° & 85°
Memory and Batching
Store 40,000 date and timed stamped readings in up to 2,500 user definable alpha-numeric batches.
Readings can be transferred to PC, iPhone, Android™ or other mobile devices via USB or Bluetooth® for instant reporting using ElcoMaster™ software.
Fully customisable, scratch and solvent resistant colour LCD allows the user to display:
- Gloss, % Reflectance or Haze readings
- Readings and Differential with pass/fail
- Trend Graph
- Analogue Scan Bar
Standard, Auto Repeat & Scan Modes
No two inspections are the same. It is for this reason that the Elcometer 480 is equipped with three measurement modes:
- Standard Mode: Press the measure button to take an individual spot measurement.
- Auto Repeat Mode: When the glossmeter is slid over the surface a measurement of all three angles is automatically taken at a user definable rate between 10 - 180 readings per minute. When enabled all the individual readings are stored into memory.
- Scan Mode: As the glossmeter slides over the entire surface area the gauge measures all three angles at a continuous rate of 10 readings per second. When stopped, the gauge displays and stores the average, highest and lowest values - ideal for checking a sample's overall uniformity.