An essential machine for preparing a wide variety of product samples including paint, varnish, cosmetics, glue, etc. with total consistency and reproduce-ability on various substrates including contrast charts, sheet steel, plastic foils and glass. All Elcometer 4340 models have 11 preset speeds and adjustable stroke length with quick release system.
- Ideal for testing LIB membrane formulation, paint, varnish, cosmetics, glue etc.
- 11 preset transverse speeds, from 0.5-10cm per second
- High quality samples produced for highly reliable laboratory testing
- Smooth aluminium table - much smoother than glass - for better repeatability
- Can be used with Elcometer Film applicators
- Adjustable travel carriage with "stop" at end of travel
Interchangeable head attachment
Easily switched between film applicators
- Combined Spiral Bar/Applicator Head Attachment
Durable & Rugged
- Sturdy rigid design to ensure minimal movement during film application
- Up to 15 years of standard use
- Precision milled aluminium table - 5X flatter than glass
|(Perforated table showing)|
Smooth & multiple concurrent tests
- Use up to 3 film applicators simultaneously
- Test up to 2 Leneta test charts simultaneously
The Elcometer 4340 Motorized Film Applicators are versatile, rugged and precise. The rigid construction ensures a smooth, consistent application without the ridges often associated with film application.
A range of applicator head attachments is available separately, allowing the user to select the most appropriate for their specific use and Standard (if applicable).
The Elcometer 4340 range of motorized Film Applicator allows the flexibility to test using the combined attachment of both the film applicator and spiral bar attachment.
Each Elcometer Motorized Film Applicator is accurately measured using a Co-ordinate Measuring Machine to meet an incredibly high level of flatness.
The average variation on Elcometer Application Tables is 2.3µm (0.092mil), while the average variation on glass used on some low cost tables is 12.0µm (0.48mil).
If a 100µm (4mils) coating is tested, readings taken using an Elcometer table would produce readings between 97.7 (3.9mils) and 102.3µm (4.1mils). On glass, the readings produced would be between 88 (3.5mils) and 112µm (4.48mils) - a 47% variation.