Core Tools Training – Virtual Instructor Led Courses
Note: Core Tool Training can be purchased separately or as a complete product package.
ETI’s “Core Tools” Virtual on-line instructor led 2-day training course that provides an understanding of effective interfaces between suppliers and customers by providing a common language and process for designing and manufacturing products and how the core tools are used.
This course comprises the following five competency units.
- APQP – Advanced Product Quality Planning - Defines the process for developing new products complete with milestones, reviews, actions, verification, validation and approvals throughout the process.
- FMEA – Failure Mode Effects and Analysis – Introduces how to determine the potential and actual process and product failure modes, how to analyze the risks of the failure modes and establish controls to mitigate the high priority risks. FMEAs can be conducted for designs (DFMEA) and processes (PFMEA).
- MSA – Measurement System Analysis – Understand the methods used to assure that the measurements taken are accurate and reliable.
- SPC – Basic Statistical Process Control – Define the tools used to monitor processes, to identify out of control processes and determine special and common causes to correct issues before product quality is affected.
- PPAP – Product Part Approval Process – Define the automotive industries standardized structure for customer-supplier communications and exchange of data related to specification and requirements for products, parts and materials.
Course Structure – Virtual Instructor Led Course(s) – All tools – 2-day course
- APQP (3 hours)
- FMEA Training (6 hours)
- Measurement System Analysis (2 hours)
- Basic SPC (3 hours)
- PPAP (2 hour)
- APQP – Take participants through all phases of the APQP process with an overview of Control Plans.
- FMEA – Provides detailed instructions on how to conduct both Design and Process-FMEAs.
- MSA – Understand measurement system studies including assessment of linearity, stability, repeatability, and reproducibility. Define ways to improve measurement systems including gage management and calibration.
- SPC – Provides a solid understanding of variation and the statistics which control charts are based on, including the use of the most common variable and attributes control charts including x-bar & R-charts, moving average charts, p-charts.
- PPAP – Participants will learn what PPAP’s are, why they are important and how to conduct a PPAP by fulfilling all 18 elements for PPAP submission packages.
Participants will receive applicable course manual/materials. AIAG Core Tool Manuals are not used during this training. Participants who wish to have a copy of these manuals may purchase them through the AIAG Store
Who Should Attend:
- Managers responsible for product and process design
- Quality Managers, Quality Engineers
- Product Design and Development
- Project Managers
- Internal Auditors
Knowledge of Automotive Requirements is recommended.
Participants determined competent based on results of test and exercises will receive a certificate of competion for each competent unit.