The VG10 is a simple hand-held velocity gauge.
Ideal for determining the speed of sound (velocity) of an unknown material or as a device to assess the homogeneity of a component of known thickness.
By simply placing the transducer probe on the material the velocity gauge will display the speed of sound of that material at that point.
The high speed scan mode allows the operator to drag the probe across the material and when the probe is lifted from the material, the velocity gauge displays the fastest velocity recorded during the scan.
- Durable gauge and probe construction
- Tough, impact, water, dust & petroleum product resistant
- Up to 200 hours battery life
- Multi-function 4.5 digit LCD display, backlit for use in poor light conditions
- Backlight is selectable on/off/auto (illuminates only when taking a measurement)
- Measurements in metres/second and inches/microsecond
- Scan bar display indicates stability of reading